Mould & Fungi Testing

Mould and your health

Mould in a home or workplace can cause discomfort and many illnesses such as respiratory disease, headaches/migranes, cough, sinus problems & rashes and therefore it is important to make sure you or your employees are not suffering from any of these illnesses.

Even if you suspect only a small amount of mould growth in your home or workplace it is diligent to have it assessed as soon as possible as mould spores can quickly multiply cause a serious hazard.

Moulds of occupational health significance include Aspergillus, Penicillium, Fusarium, Alternaria & Stacybotrys chartarum (black mould) species.

When is excessive mould likely to occur?

The growth of mould is promoted by wet and humid conditions. Mould requires optimal conditions in order to grow, including;

  • Mould spores
  • Darkness
  • Moisture/humidity
  • Oxygen
  • Warm temperatures
  • Substrate to grow on e.g gyprock walls, timber, fabric

These conditions are often caused by things such as unflued gas heaters, indoor condensation, poor ventilation, leaking water, abnormally humid conditions or water flooding.

Mould can also grow following large storms or floods where excessive moisture and humidity is introduced into the home or workplace.

The locations in properties where mould is commonly found in includes; bathrooms, kitchens, laundry, ceilings, subfloor or in any fabrics, walls & timber that has remained wet for a prolonged period of time.

Why do you need a clearance after a mould growth incident?

If you or your employee’s are suffering from unexplainable symptoms including respiratory illness, headaches/migranes, cough, sinus problems & rashes, then it may be necessary that a mould assessment is undertaken by a professional hygienist.

Mould can often be seen by the naked eye, so if you are able to see a mould or fungi in your property call Regional EnviroScience immediately so that we are able to assist you in creating a remediation and scope of works to inhibit any growth of mould and ensure your health is not compromised.

Mould growth caused by leaking pipes or any other water ingress may be hidden behind walls or in ceiling cavities, however you may be able to see signs of mould growth  or excessive water such as cracked or peeling paint, discolouration of walls and bulging of walls.

Why Regional Enviroscience to provide a mould clearance?

Based conveniently in Regional NSW with our head office & laboratory in Dubbo and offices in Wagga & Maitland, Regional Enviroscience occupational hygienists are fully equipped for obtaining samples of air, surface swabs, moisture relating to relative humidity in the indoor air from your property and testing for abnormal growth of mould & fungi quickly and efficiently.  Flexible, quick to act and not far away – Regional EnviroScience has forged a reputation as one of Australia’s leading locally owned occupational hygiene & environmental consultancies, having a commitment to service that is second to none.

Call us on 1300 372 436

Our clients